Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Big Game is coming to town...

and all I want to do is mingle with a bunch of sports radio nuts, talking shop, exchanging random trivia and selling people on Detroit. I have no interest in the Vivid, FHM, Playboy, or other VIP parties, where it costs $100s just to get in and you are ignored if you don't either stink of money or look like somebody's sex toy.
No, what I want to do is hit Radio Row, at the GM Wintergarden, hang out with the DFN crowd like Seanny B, the Diesel, and Tony and No Show. I want to meet Jim Rome, talk Detroit sports with Mike and the Mad Dog, and try to find and stump the Schwab.

I don't care about celebrity...all the sports world in one place!!! Better than Heff's mansion, I'll tell you that. Oh, by the way: Steelers 29 Seahawks 24.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got to be kidding....the seahawks WILL shut down Big Ben...and did you hear that stat that no QB with the #8 has lost the Super Bowl!!

Long live Matt Hasselbeck

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was downtown yesterday and went over to radio row. Got to see Jim Rome talking to someone who looked a lot like Drew Rosenhaus (Radio Row is beneath the circular walkway at the GM Building, so I was almost looking directly down on them). I was tempted to yell out a question to see if Rosenhaus would snap back "next question!" Five minutes after I left and got into my car, I heard the Sklar brothers talking to Rome, so I was bummed I left too early.

8:28 AM  
Blogger SportPsych Detroit said...

were they bringing it Zingerman's style :-)

8:32 PM  
Blogger SportPsych Detroit said...

anon:
did you know that no QB with a seahawk on his helmet has won the Super Bowl?

I don't expect Ben to explode...he just needs to "manage the game"

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home