Monday, July 11, 2005

So this is hello

Beginnings are so difficult, so I will start with a few thoughts:

1. This blog has been many years in the making, harmonizing my passion for psychology, sports, and Detroit into a single forum. For many people, this may be a weird combination, one that produces jarring noises, and must be left alone. For others, this may be a fun, entertaining, insightful, and empowering place to be.

2. The rules of my blog are simple: Opinions are encouraged, but respectful discourse is required. Self-examination as it relates to why someone would have a specific opinion of a sports figure (why do I think Jack Morris should be in the hall?) is always a plus. Bigotry, hatred, and discriminatory views are unacceptable (yes, I know that makes me, ironically, discriminatory).

3. I will occasionally reference facts and incidents from long ago (a disorder known as Stanthrax), and will very often reference other sports web sites, local talk radio, and psychological phenomena. I intend to model myself more after John Feinstein than Russ Salzberg, but admit up front that I am no John Feinstein.

1 Comments:

Blogger SportPsych Detroit said...

This is not as easy as it looks. I'd like to add one aspect of my blog that hopefully will find an audience...I's like to avoid the frat party venom spewing seen and heard so often on sports talk venues/media. There is a place for raunchy statements and foul language, but that place isn't really here...both local radio websites as well as detroitsportsrag do that rather well.

I'd like a blog where we can discuss issues without resorting to gimmicks. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about ratings

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home